WEDNESDAY 29 JUNE, 2016 |
August IICRC Classes in Michigan
Nu-Tech Cleaning Systems of Berkley, Michigan near Detroit is hosting three IICRC certification training courses in August of 2016. Classes include FSRT (Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Technician), WRT (Water Damage Restoration Technician), and RRT (Carpet Repair and Re-Installation Technician).
FSRT: August 15-16, $249 early registration price
Topics covered include:
1. Fundamentals of structural fire and smoke damage
2. Products and procedures used
3. Equipment and testing
4. Safety, PPE, proper work forms
5. Contents cleaning/pack out
6. Odor control, psychological odors, and the problems it can cause if treated incorrectly + removing source of odor
7. Restoring vs. replacing damaged contents
8. Managing a job site/pricing
9. Insurance adjustors expectations
WRT: August 17-19, $349 early registration price
1. The science of drying structures (psychrometry)
2. Equipment used (dehumidifiers, air movers, air scrubbers, extractors, injectidry, pumps, etc)
3. Meters and tools used
4. Proper work authorization forms and PPE required
5. Biohazards and pathogens
7. Proper regulations and procedures to follow according to the S-500, the national standard for water damage restoration.
RRT: August 30-31, $349 early registration price. This class is HARD TO FIND AND FILLS UP QUICKLY! Register now!
This hands on-class is a must for any restoration contractor! Chances are, you or your installers are installing carpet IMPROPERLY! Learn the correct methods for installation and repair on commercial and residentail carpet according to the CRI 104 and 105. Our instructor teaches from a carpeted platform, demonstrating techniques and procedures as you learn. This is a very hands-on class, and our students say this is one of the most valuble courses they have taken with us.
The Carpet Repair and Reinstallation Technician course teaches techniques and safety issues related to carpet repair and re-installation, carpet construction, inspection process prior to cleaning, tools of the trade, floor preparation, adhesives, carpet cushion installation, tackless strip and moldings, seaming, and proper stretching. This class also teaches various repairs that the carpet cleaner/restorer may come up against while dealing with an installed textile. This knowledge will enable the technician to recognize and avoid installation problems that may arise while performing carpet cleaning as well as how to correct many issues encountered. (2 day course; 16 hours, not including lunch and breaks, exam time is included)
This is a "must-have" two-day course for fire or water damage restoration contractors. Lean how to properly remove wet carpet without destroying it and then reinstall it properly. Find out how to open seams that will go back together. Learn how to make the jigsaw puzzle pieces fit back in!
For carpet cleaners, RRT will give you the knowledge you need to increase your profits from your existing customers. You will be able to offer them more complete service when you can repair seams, get rid of bubbles and buckles, make burns or pulled rows in Berber look like they never existed, or repair metal strips while you're there to clean their carpet!
This course covers:
· Tools and Equipment
· Carpet Construction Types
· Installation Sequences
· Step-by-step Instructions
· Repair Techniques
· Installation Problems
· Installation Procedures
Visit www.shopnutech.com/nt_Classes or call 248-548-5211 and ask for Kari for more information.
News for Wednesday 11 May, 2016
View all news for Wednesday 11 May, 2016 on one page